Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Kinsman Redeemer

I received a kiss from the Lord today.....it came unexpectedly and was a needed affirmation from the Lord. The Lord desires to meet with us in intimate ways, but oftentimes we are simply too busy to wait upon Him and see what He has for us. We are hustling and bustling through life and we miss the creator of the dance. This story may seem to be a somewhat disconnected, but if you will bear with me until the end, I can guarantee you a trip well worth the travel.

Part 1:

Years ago during my single years, the Lord spoke to me through my Father concerning the Lord's plan for me and how He desired to lead me. I was experimenting with Christian single groups and one day after a dance, my father asked me if I had asked any men to dance. I told him that I had not, that I wanted God to bring the right man to me and that I didn't want to get in the way. My father said that I needed to follow Ruth's example. I needed to listen for His voice and follow it to where He was leading me and that sometimes that meant being aggressive in our Faith and going after the desire that He placed inside of us.

Ruth followed the Spirit, followed her mother-in-law to her country and set herself to working in the fields. Ruth said where you go I go, what you say I say. She was obedient. Through this obedience she was blessed and was provided for in so many ways. Ruth is not only a picture of Spiritual, financial, emotional and family provision, but a foreshadowing of the plan of salvation of our true Kinsman Redeemer Jesus Christ. The Lord spoke to me and let me know that I was Ruth and that He would bless me as such. If I would lie at His feet, honor and obey Him, he would bless me financially, in my family, in my relationships and spiritually.

I believe I am as Ruth was and continue to be blessed as I seek Him.


Part 2:

Recently the Lord spoke to me asking me to put aside some of my daily habits and spend that time with Him. He spoke clearly that I needed to trust Him in some areas of my life and rely on Him for those areas, not on myself.

I obeyed. I have set aside an hour every morning that I spend in worship and prayer, laying at His feet, waiting on Him, seeking Him and listening to Him. It has been very refreshing and powerful.

My time with the Lord on this morning was especially intimate, but life must at some point continue so I went to work. On my way to work I was worshiping the Lord, singing in the Spirit and then my mind began to wander.


Part3:


I was worshipping and my mind darted to my email. I know....Random. I began to think that I should change my email. I thought to myself: "self, for security purposes, I need to change my email address...what should I change it to? then the thought comes to me - how about Kruth - first initial and last name.

As my mind wrapped itself around that I realized that my last name had the name RUTH in it. Since I was very young I have always paid close attention to the meaning of names. As in the Bible, I believe there is significance in our names and that at times the Lord changes our name.

The Lord spoke to me....I told you, you were Ruth...to prove that to you, I intentionally brought your husband whose name begins with RUTH to you so that you would have the literal name of Ruth in your name. Mark has always said as well that the Lord brought him to me to bring him to Jesus. The Lord spoke “I love you and Mark this much, and will continue to bless you as I've promised you."

At this point....I sobbed at the overwhelming love that I felt. Jesus kissed me this morning.

So I opened a new email. I didn't make it KRuth, I felt that might be a little self-indulgent, but I love my new one and it is how I shall live.

CravingJesus@gmail.com

The Lord will bless us and give us kisses in ways like this. He loves us so much that He desires to reveal even His innermost thoughts and feelings of us. He is so in love with us, He will change our last names, and redeem our past and our eternal future.

No comments:

Post a Comment