Monday, April 18, 2011

The Grave is Open

What a marvelous thing that God continues to reveal His ways and His beauty to us.  I've experienced 46 Easters this year. Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays.  Of course, I am not very fond of the bunny rabbit, easter eggs or peter cottontail.  I believe that those cultural trappings steal the real reason for the holiday away from our life.  I respect anyone who chooses to continue in those traditions; I just simply choose not to participate.  I want to hang on to the real meaning of Easter as long as I possibly can.

Sometimes Easter reminds me of the death of Jesus Christ and the price he paid for each of us.  Who would do that?  I don't think I would sacrifice my child for another human being, let alone send my child to suffer a very painful death.  This would be so trying and would weigh me down.

This Easter Season...the Lord has blessed me with a new revelation, a fresh vision of His holiday.  I was in church Sunday and the worship team was singing Chains be Broken by Hillsong:
I have decided I have resolved
To wait upon you Lord
My rock and redeemer shall not be moved
Ill wait upon you Lord

Pre Chorus
As surely as the sun will rise
You'll come to us
As certain as the dawn appears

Chorus
You'll come let your glory fall
As you respond to us
Spirit reign flood our hearts
With holy fire again

Verse 2
We are not shaken we are not moved
We wait upon you Lord
Our Mighty deliverer my triumph and truth
I'll wait upon you Lord

Bridge
Chains be broken
Lives be healed
Eyes be opened
Christ is revealed

I began to hear the Spirit speak to me "The grave is open" and saw the grave in my mind’s eye.  Over and over, "the grave is open".  The spirit was moving in church and people began to come to the alter for prayer, and healing. I went forward seeking freedom from the grave.  A lady laid hands on me and prayed that the "grave is open, walk in my daughter, and walk back out in freedom."  What a wonderful confirmation of what the Lord was speaking to me.

It was so precious to hear directly from the Holy Spirit.  He was speaking to me, loud and clear.  He can speak to you to.  The closer we draw to Him...the more learn of who he is and how He operates, the more we will begin to walk as He walks, talk as He talks and move like He moves.

Lord, this is our desire, to move with you.  To walk out of the grave with you.  To have our Lazarus moment.

Praise be to Jesus....He is Risen, He is Risen indeed.

1 comment:

  1. "Death is swallowed up in victory." 55 "O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?" 56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.

    He has conquered the grave!

    ReplyDelete